Monday, June 23, 2014

The Great California Adventure

If someone told me 5 years ago that I would be director of an organization like Magdalene Hope at the age of 22, I would've laughed in their face.
I just don't direct things. To be honest, most of my life has been keeping my head low so I could make it out in one piece with as little trouble as possible. I barely spoke in high school and college was a blur. I thought I would settle down quietly with a $30,000 a year job and support those who are being His hands and feet.

But God had different plans.

When I heard about the open position at Magdalene Hope, I felt a push from within myself. I had to go. I have only felt this push two other times in my life (which college I was to attend and going on a Puerto Rico mission trip). All I know is that when you feel the Holy Spirit push you, its to a life-giving abundance. He will always push you into something that brings God glory and fulfills His will. So here I am.

I firmly believe God had me travel 8 hours away from every friendship and family member I have so he can use "the least of these" (me). I am humbled to be here and thrilled to listen to the Holy Spirit on my new life adventure. I cannot wait to learn more and use my talents where they are needed.

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me with open arms into this organization! I am surround by such beautiful, hard working, and dedicated people. I'm still learning all the names and faces but its an honor to get to know each and every one of you.I'll keep this first one short but I hope to share more about what I'm learning as the months roll on!

-Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment